
Le Commodore Hotel Beirut: Your Luxurious Lebanese Escape Awaits!
Le Commodore Hotel Beirut: My Honest, Messy, and Ultimately Loving Review (SEO'd the Heck Out of It!)
Okay, so, Le Commodore Hotel Beirut: Your Luxurious Lebanese Escape Awaits! Yeah, that's their tagline. Let's see if it holds up. I'm back, fresh (and maybe a little jet-lagged) from a whirlwind trip to Beirut, and I'm ready to spill the tea. Or, you know, the arak.
First things first: SEO-tastic Breakdown! Because apparently, the internet wants me to talk about everything. So, here we go:
Accessibility - Let's Get Gritty:
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes, mostly. They had elevators (essential!), and ramps where needed. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, so that's a big plus. I didn't have specific mobility needs, but I saw things looked pretty decent accessibility-wise. A massive win for elevator access is a must-have for all, regardless of mobility (thank you, gravity!).
Accessibility - General Points: Definitely ask specific questions if you have requirements, but they seem to be trying. Remember, Beirut is a city with a… history. So, perfection isn't the expectation. Internet Access
Internet: They have it.
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! This is a massive selling point for everyone, especially if you are working remotely.
Internet [LAN]: Also, yep!
Internet services: They boast about this.
Wi-Fi in public areas: Yep, it seemed solid in the lobby anyway.
Cleanliness and Safety - Feeling Safe in a Post-COVID World:
Right, so, COVID. It's still a thing. And frankly, I was slightly anxious about staying in a hotel, but they actually did a pretty good job.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: They claimed to use them, always a good start.
- Breakfast in room: Available if you're feeling antisocial (I wasn't!).
- Cashless payment service: Absolutely. Didn't touch a single Lebanese pound in person.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Saw them at it.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Peace of mind!
- First aid kit: Good to know it's there!
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Yep.
- Hygiene certification: Claimed to have it.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Mostly, or at least served in a safe way.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Tried their best, especially in the restaurants.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Seemed like they were doing this.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: That's a nice touch, allowing you to say "leave me be".
- Rooms sanitized between stays: I'd assume so.
- Safe dining setup: Mostly.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Assuredly.
- Shared stationery removed: They got rid of the communal pens and forms, which is good.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed generally well-informed.
- Sterilizing equipment: Probably using those.
The Verdict on Safety: They seem to take safety seriously, which is reassuring. I felt reasonably comfortable.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Let's Talk Food! (My Favourite Part!)
Okay, this is where Le Commodore really shines. The food! Oh, the food!
- A la carte in restaurant: Yes, and it's divine.
- Alternative meal arrangement: They catered if you asked.
- Asian breakfast/cuisine: Unexpected, but available.
- Bar: A must.
- Bottle of water: Complimentary.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Excellent. A HUGE selection of fresh fruit, pastries, and all things Lebanese. (More on this later)
- Breakfast service: In addition to the buffet.
- Buffet in restaurant: Well-stocked.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant & Coffee shop: Available practically 24/7.
- Desserts in restaurant: Oh, yes. Baklava, anyone?
- Happy hour: YES! Because who doesn't love a discounted arak after a long day?
- International cuisine in restaurant: Lots to choose from.
- Poolside bar: Perfect for a post-swim cocktail.
- Restaurants: Multiple options.
- Room service [24-hour]: Handy.
- Salad in restaurant: Fresh and delicious.
- Snack bar: For those midday cravings.
- Soup in restaurant: Comfort food.
- Vegetarian restaurant: They cater for vegetarian and vegan preferences.
- Western breakfast: If you're not feeling the Lebanese spread.
- Western cuisine in restaurant Available.
My Breakfast Buffet Breakdown:
This is where they really got me. Honest to god, the breakfast buffet at Le Commodore was a religious experience. I'm not exaggerating. I'm a breakfast person, and this was… art. A literal symphony of flavors and textures. There was:
- Fresh labneh (thick, creamy yogurt cheese) with za'atar.
- The fluffiest, most delicate man'ouche (Lebanese flatbread) I've ever had.
- A mountain of olives.
- Hummus, baba ghanoush, and moutabal (eggplant dip) – all made with love.
- Mountains of fresh fruit.
- Eggs any way you like them.
- Strong, delicious Lebanese coffee.
I’d wake up every morning with a Pavlovian response, practically drooling, ready to face my breakfast. It was perfect. I'm still dreaming about it, and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. It was a truly memorable experience.
Services and Conveniences - More Than Just a Bed!
Le Commodore offers a ton of services, designed to make your stay easy.
- Air conditioning in public area: Essential in Beirut.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events: Seems they host events.
- Business facilities: If you need to work, they have the setup.
- Cash withdrawal: ATM available.
- Concierge: Helpful!
- Contactless check-in/out: Convenient.
- Convenience store: For snacks, essentials, etc.
- Currency exchange: Convenient.
- Daily housekeeping: Always a relief.
- Doorman: Welcoming.
- Dry cleaning: Useful for business trips.
- Elevator: Vital.
- Essential condiments: They'll assist with supplies.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Listed above.
- Food delivery: They can get you take out.
- Gift/souvenir shop: For the obligatory "I went to Lebanon!" t-shirts.
- Indoor venue for special events: They host.
- Invoice provided: Professional.
- Ironing service/facilities: To make sure you're looking sharp.
- Laundry service: Always a plus.
- Luggage storage: Helpful for late flights.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: For business or pleasure.
- Meetings: They have that.
- Meeting stationery: Got it.
- On-site event hosting: If you want to throw a party.
- Outdoor venue for special events: Also available.
- Projector/LED display: For presentations.
- Safety deposit boxes: Essential.
- Seminars: They host.
- Shrine: A little something extra.
- Smoking area: For those who partake.
- Terrace: For relaxing.
- Wi-Fi for special events: Because, internet.
- Xerox/fax in business center: For the workplace.
For the Kids - Family-Friendly Vibes
- Babysitting service: Handy for parents.
- Family/child friendly: Generally welcoming.
- Kids facilities/meal: They make it easy.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Time to Unwind!
Okay, here's the real treat:
- Body scrub: Pamper yourself.
- Body wrap: More pampering!
- Fitness center/Gym: Didn't use it, but it looked well-equipped.
- Foot bath: Nice touch.
- Gym/fitness: See above.
- Massage: Yes, please!
- Pool with view: The rooftop pool is spectacular.
- Sauna: Relax.
- Spa/sauna: A full experience.
- Steamroom: Yes. *

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your cookie-cutter travel itinerary. This is like my brain trying to wrangle a rebellious toddler while simultaneously trying to enjoy baklava. Welcome to Beirut, baby! Specifically, welcome to… Le Commodore!
Le Commodore Hotel: Beirut - The Slightly Less Glamorous, Utterly Charming Version (aka My Brain on Baklava)
(Warning: May contain tangents, existential waffle, and a healthy dose of "I'm hangry" moments.)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Hummus Hunt (Plus, Jet Lag is a Bitch)
- 10:00 AM (Or Technically "Whenever-The-Plane-Actually-Lands-Because-Airlines-Amirite"): Arrive at Rafic Hariri International Airport. Passport control? Pray to the travel gods it's swift. My last trip involved a customs officer who clearly thought my overly enthusiastic "Bonjour!" was suspicious.
- 11:00 AM (ish): Taxi to Le Commodore. The ride itself? Already a sensory overload. Smells of exhaust fumes, jasmine, and the faint promise of deliciousness waft through the open window. Seriously, Beirut is a vibe.
- 12:00 PM: Check in. Pray the room's not a smoking room. My allergies are already screaming from the city air. Ah, yes… the room. Let's assess. Clean? Kinda. Functional? Possibly. Has a view? Maybe if you squint. (Let's be honest, it's probably a wall, which is fine, I'm just here to nap.)
- 1:00 PM: THE GREAT HUMMUS HUNT BEGINS. Oh, the jet lag. The rumbling stomach. The yearning for CLOUDS OF HUMMUS. First stop, I swear I heard there was a place a block away… nope. Just a construction site and a very judging cat. Fine. We persist!
- 1:30 PM: Another attempt! Found a sketchy-looking hole-in-the-wall. Definitely a local spot. Ordered the hummus. Waited. Anticipated. Then… OH MY GOD. This hummus. I could cry. It's creamy, garlicky, and somehow manages to taste of sunshine and hope. Ate so much, I have a legitimate food baby.
- 2:30 PM: Nap, the nap of the gods! I'm not sure why I expected to be productive, but I will take it, I am a pro napper.
- 5:00 PM: Wander around Hamra Street. The energy is palpable. Vendors hawking their wares, the lilting sound of Arabic music, teens laughing, the smell of cigarettes mingling with coffee… it's pure, chaotic magic.
- 6:00 PM: Explore the hotel's "Lobby Bar". (Maybe get a drink, maybe judge the decor, maybe… wait, am I too early for dinner?)
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Anywhere. Just… food. Maybe try to find something that isn't hummus. (Lies. I'd eat hummus for every meal.)
- 8:00 PM: Bed. Because jet lag owes me nothing.
Day 2: Beirut's Beating Heart and the Search for the Perfect Shawarma (Spoiler: Not Found… Yet!)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. This could either be a delightful assortment of pastries and strong coffee, or the breakfast buffet equivalent of a hostage situation. Pray for the former.
- 10:00 AM: Visit the National Museum of Beirut. Supposedly, it houses some amazing stuff. Okay, okay, I know, I should be excited. But I'm still clinging to the memory of that hummus. Museums and history are all well and good, but my stomach is whispering sweet nothings about… another plate.
- 12:00 PM: Stroll through the downtown area, marveling at the contrast of old and new. The bullet-scarred buildings, the gleaming towers… it's a visual poem of resilience and rebirth. The photo ops are endless.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. The Shawarma Saga begins! Asked the hotel staff for a shawarma recommendation. This will be the defining search of my trip.
- 3:00 PM: Check out the old ruins of Beirut. It makes me think I never visited an old ruin before but really I've seen none of them.
- 4:00 PM: A walk along the corniche, watch the sea, maybe be inspired, probably just get sand in my shoes.
- 6:00 PM: Trying to find the BEST shawarma in Beirut.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. The quest for shawarma continues. This time I will get the best shawarma.
- 8:00 PM: Bed. Okay, this shawarma thing is becoming an obsession.
Day 3: Down to Business!
- 9:00 AM: Wake up, eat breakfast.
- 10:00 AM: The hotel has a pool! I'm going to chill until lunch.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch.
- 1:00 PM: Business…
- 7:00 PM: Dinner.
- 8:00 PM: Bed.
Day 4: (Optional) A Day Trip to… Well, We'll See
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Gotta fuel up for adventure.
- 10:00 AM: Okay, so, day tripping. Options! The ruins of Baalbek? Stunning, apparently. But a long drive. The Jeita Grotto? Impressive, but… caves make me claustrophobic. The Cedars of God? Mountains are nice, but I'm sensing a theme of "things that require effort." Hmm. Perhaps… a taxi ride to the nearest baklava shop? I could just sit and eat baklava all day. Decisions, decisions… Let's take a shot!
- 12:00 PM: Lunch.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner.
- 8:00 PM: Bed.
Day 5: Farewell, Beirut (And, Honestly, Where Can I Get More Hummus?)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Last chance for hotel pastries! Savor every bite.
- 10:00 AM: Souvenir shopping. Haggling is a sport, right? (Wish me luck, I'm terrible at it…)
- 11:00 AM: One last stroll, one last longing look at the city. I will try to fit in as much as I can before it is time to leave.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. One last chance for some local treats!
- 2:00 PM: Taxi to the airport. (And, of course, I'm secretly strategizing how to smuggle back a suitcase full of labneh and za'atar.)
- Departure Time: Fly out of Beirut. Filled with food memories (and possibly some crumbs down my shirt).
- Post-Trip: Spend the next few weeks recreating the hummus. I will attempt to recreate the flavors of Beirut at least once per week.
Random Thoughts and Imperfections:
- The Language Barrier: My Arabic is limited to "Shukran" and "Habibi." This is going to be interesting.
- The Traffic: Brace yourself. It's a thing.
- The Cats: There are cats everywhere. They're adorable, sometimes assertive, and probably have better table manners than I do.
- The Emotional Rollercoaster: Be prepared. Beirut is a city that gets under your skin. It's beautiful, chaotic, heartbreaking, and utterly captivating, all at once.
- Where I'll Eat: Every local spot I find. As long as the food is good, I will eat it!
Final Thoughts:
This itinerary is a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it completely. The best travel experiences are the ones you stumble upon, the ones that lead you down unexpected alleyways, and leave you with a story to tell. So go forth! Eat the hummus! Get lost! And embrace the glorious messiness of Beirut. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll check the hotel's restaurant menu… (Hummus, please?)
Goodstay Q Hotel Yongin: Your Dream Korean Getaway Awaits!
Le Commodore Hotel Beirut: You're Headed Where?! (But It's Actually Pretty Great!)
Okay, So, Le Commodore - Is it Actually Luxurious, or Just Pretending?
Honestly? It’s a bit of both! Let me paint you a picture… The lobby? Stunning. Marble floors, fancy chandeliers… you feel like you should be wearing a ballgown. But then you get to your room, and maybe the air conditioning *isn't* whisper-quiet (more like a polite rumble), and you spot a tiny, slightly-questionable stain on the carpet. It's not like the Ritz, but it’s genuinely charming in a 'lived-in, seen-some-stuff' kind of way. And the *view*! Oh, the view! Seriously, book a room with a balcony. Worth. Every. Penny.
What's the Vibe? Is it Tourist-Trap Central?
Alright, confession time: I *was* a little worried about the tourist trap aspect. You know, predictable restaurants, cheesy souvenir shops… But Le Commodore manages to sidestep that. It's a mix. You’ll definitely see international travelers, but also a surprising number of locals. The staff are mostly incredibly friendly and helpful (shoutout to the concierge, he saved me from accidentally ordering *balut* – long story). It feels… authentic, in its own way. It's not trying to be something it's not.
The Food! Is it Worth the Hype (and the Potential Stomachache)?
Okay, this is where things get WILDLY subjective. The breakfast buffet is… well, let's just say it's a *feat* of engineering. You’ve got a *ton* of options: Lebanese classics, Western staples, questionable-looking pastries. My advice? Stick to the basics. Labneh, za'atar bread (divine!), maybe a little omelet. Don't be adventurous at 7 am. I made that mistake. Let's just say a certain spiced sausage put a damper on my morning. But dinner at the hotel restaurant, "Le Jardin," that was a different story. I got a *mezze* platter… Seriously, the hummus alone was worth the trip. And the service? Impeccable. Maybe a bit… slow. But hey, you're in Lebanon, right? Relax. Breathe. Enjoy the tarboush-wearing waiters and the amazing food.
Is the Location Good? Are you going to be wandering through dangerous streets?
The location is actually fantastic! It's right in the heart of Hamra, which is a super lively and safe-feeling district of Beirut. There's plenty of restaurants, cafes, and shops to explore right outside the door. Plus, you're close to major landmarks like the American University of Beirut (AUB) and the Corniche. Now, obviously, you have to be aware of your surroundings, but I *never* felt unsafe wandering around, even at night. I mean, you're in Beirut, not some idyllic countryside. But the hotel itself keeps a good watch over things. You'll be fine.
Okay, Hotel Rooms. Are They Clean? Is the Bed Comfy? Tell Me Everything!
Look, I’m a bit of a clean freak, so this is important. The rooms are generally *clean*. The housekeeping staff works *hard*. But, as I said before, things aren’t *perfect*. You might find a stray hair (not mine, I swear!), or a slight musty smell in the bathroom (humidity, you know?). The bed? Comfy enough. Not the most plush, cloud-like experience of my life, but perfectly adequate for a good night's sleep after a day of exploring the city… and maybe a couple of *arak* shots. The view, though. Did I mention the view? Seriously, spring for the balcony. It's a game changer. Especially beautiful at sunset.
What's the Wi-Fi Like? Because, You Know, Gotta Post Those Instagram Pics...
Ugh, the Wi-Fi. It can be hit or miss. Sometimes lightning-fast, sometimes… not so much. It's a bit like the Lebanese power grid – you just have to roll with it. If you *need* to be constantly connected, maybe get a local SIM card. Otherwise, just be prepared to embrace a little digital detox. (Which, let's be honest, might be good for you.) I remember one time I was trying to upload a *seriously* epic photo of a falafel wrap, and... nothing. Hours of buffering. Talk about a first-world problem, but it was still annoying. But hey, at least the view was amazing, right?
Airport Transfers - Yay or Nay?
I'd say, *yay*. Seriously. Beirut traffic is notorious. Getting a taxi from the airport can be a stressful, haggling experience. The hotel offers airport transfers, and even though it's a little more expensive, it's *totally* worth the peace of mind. You get a nice, air-conditioned ride, a friendly driver, and you can just relax and soak in the city views. Plus, you'll probably need the hotel's help anyway, since you will get lost in the maze of streets.
Swimming Pool? Gym? Any Amenities to Keep Me Busy Besides Eating and Sightseeing?
Yes! Actually, there's a pretty decent pool. It's not huge or fancy, but it's a perfect place to cool off after a day exploring. Also, the location on the roof makes the view breathtaking. The gym is… well, it exists. Let’s put it that way. It's got the basics, but don't expect a state-of-the-art fitness center. I went once, and let's just say I spent more time admiring the view than actually working out. Because, again, the view.
So, Should I Stay at Le Commodore? Give it to Me Straight!
Look, if you're looking for flawless perfection, maybe look elsewhere. But if you want a hotel with character, a killer location, friendly staff, and a genuine Lebanese experience, then ABSOLUTELY. It's not just a hotel; it's a part of Beirut. It's a little bit rough around the edges, a little bit chaotic, but it's also full of life and charm. And the view from the balcony? Unforgettable. Honestly, book it. You won't regret it. (Just maybe bring your own hand sanitizer.) And be prepared to fall in love with Lebanese food. I'm still dreaming about that hummus…

