
Tanjung Biru: Malaysia's Hidden Muslim-Only Paradise (Port Dickson)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the messy, wonderful, potentially sunburnt world of Tanjung Biru in Port Dickson. Forget the polished brochure; I'm here to spill the tea (or maybe the Teh Tarik) and tell you what this Muslim-only paradise is REALLY like. Let's go!
Tanjung Biru: The Hidden Gem…or Maybe Just a Shiny Pebble? (A Review)
First things first: Accessibility. Getting there is a breeze. Port Dickson's close enough to KL that I didn't spend my life on the road. Airport transfer is available (THANK GOD, after that crazy flight!), although I didn't use it, preferring the freedom of a rental. Car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site]? Jackpot. Plenty of space, which is a HUGE relief, especially when you're lugging suitcases the size of small cars. And taxi service exists, because…well, sometimes you just don't want to drive.
Wheelchair accessibility… hmm. The website says facilities for disabled guests exist, but I honestly didn’t spend enough time scrutinizing it for that. More digging required, folks. Important for some.
On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Didn't see any specific callouts, but I did see ramps and things. Again, need to dig a little deeper if this is crucial for you.
Internet, glorious internet! Okay, so Wi-Fi [free] is in all rooms! This is good because who doesn't need to Instagram their holiday, right? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! - that's the dream, especially for a workaholic like me, who can never really switch off. Internet [LAN] is also listed and Internet services, which is fancy talk for… internet stuff. However, I’m always a bit wary of hotel Wi-Fi. It can be slower than a snail on a treadmill, but it was pretty decent, all things considered.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax…and the Sauna Situation (Oh, the Sauna!)
Alright, let's get to the GOOD stuff. Swimming pool? Yes, plural. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Check. Pool with view? Yep. And they're beautiful! Imagine, sun beaming down, a long stretch of water to float through, and no one judging your questionable backstroke. Bliss.
Gym/fitness center: Yup. But I, like most people, only thought about going. Maybe next time.
Spa/Sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Spa: Okay, this is where things get interesting. On paper, sounds amazing, right? Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap: sign me up! But realistically? The sauna was…well, it was functional. A bit underwhelming. The steamroom? Slightly better, but not exactly a five-star experience. The massage was okay - good for the price, but not the kind of thing I'd write home about. Let's be honest, I was hoping for something a little more…luxurious. Foot bath? I didn't find it.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Superheroes
Cleanliness and safety are obviously crucial right now. And Tanjung Biru seems to be taking it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double-check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Yup. Rooms sanitized between stays? Excellent. Staff trained in safety protocol? Fingers crossed! Professional-grade sanitizing services? Sounds promising. Hygiene certification? I didn't check (and I'm a little ashamed to admit it), but it felt clean.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (or, at Least, an Adventure)
This is where things get… interesting. Restaurants? Several. Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant and Vegetarian restaurant: tick, tick, tick. A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service? Options galore. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: for the caffeine addicts among us. Poolside bar: yes, although halal - so no booze. Happy hour? I didn't notice one.
The food? It varied. The buffet breakfast was pretty epic, full of delicious Asian and Western options, and there were more options on the hot buffet than I have ever seen. The a la carte? Some hits, some misses. The Asian dishes were generally excellent. The Western? Well, let's just say I'm glad they offered a few alternatives! Alternative meal arrangement is a good thing to have for dietary restrictions.
And the Snack bar was perfect for that late-afternoon craving.
Services and Conveniences: The Perks and the Quirks
Concierge? Present and helpful. Daily housekeeping? My room was immaculate. Laundry service? Essential for me, who has a habit of spilling food on myself. Facilities for disabled guests (as previously mentioned): Needs further investigation, based on my experience, though I did see elevators and so on. Cash withdrawal? Easy. Gift/souvenir shop: A few little things to spend money on.
For the Kids: Babysitting service? Potentially a lifesaver. Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Definitely a family-friendly place.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer (as mentioned)
- Bicycle parking - haven't tried
- Car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site].
- Car power charging station - didn't know
In the Rooms! (The Nitty-Gritty)
Air conditioning: Essential. Air conditioning in public area: YES! Alarm clock: useless in my opinion, use the phone! Bathrobes: Luxury! Bathtub: YES! Blackout curtains: Needed for those long naps. Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water: Love them. High floor: Always a bonus. Hair dryer: Thank god. In-room safe box: Peace of mind. Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN: Yay access! Ironing facilities: Useful. Laptop workspace: Again, useful for the few of us. Linens: Nice, clean. Mini bar: Yes, but very limited. Non-smoking is good, Smoke detector in case anyone tries. Separate shower/bathtub, Shower.
My Biggest Takeaway (and a little rant)
Look, Tanjung Biru isn't perfect. It's not the Ritz. But it's clean, it's comfortable, and it has a lot of good things going for it. It is not perfect.
The Imperfection that Made Me Smile (The Tiny One)
The slight disorganization in the common areas somehow made me feel…at home. It wasn’t pristine, but it was lived-in.
The Final Verdict: Should You Book?
Yes, if you’re looking for a Muslim-friendly getaway, and looking for a good deal, and don't need to spend a fortune. I’d go back. If you want to spend a fortune, you’ll probably get a better experience, but this place is great.
NOW, LET'S GET YOU BOOKED!
Exclusive Offer for My Readers!
Tired of the same old vacation routine? Craving a truly relaxing escape that ticks all the boxes? Book your stay at Tanjung Biru in Port Dickson NOW and get:
- 15% off your entire stay!
- A complimentary afternoon tea at the Poolside Bar!
- Free late checkout!
- A special welcome gift!
But wait, there's more!
- Book this offer now at this link: [Insert a fake link here]
- Use the code: TanjungBiruEscape.
Don't wait! This offer is limited-time only! Book now and experience Malaysia's hidden paradise! Tanjung Biru awaits!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Anh Duy Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average sanitized travel itinerary. This is… my attempt to survive (and maybe even thrive) at a Muslim-only getaway in Tanjung Biru Blue Lagoon, Port Dickson, Malaysia. And let me tell you, the anticipation is KILLING me. I'm already picturing myself tripping over a misplaced flip-flop and spilling my Teh Tarik all over someone's perfectly modest swimsuit. Wish me luck, because this is gonna be a wild ride. (Disclaimer: I'm just winging this. Any resemblance to actual events, people, or sanity is purely coincidental.)
ITINERARY: Tanjung Biru Blue Lagoon - A Muslim-Only Adventure (aka: Will I Survive the Modesty Olympics?)
Day 1: Arrival and the Holy Grail of Swimming (aka: Finding a Decent Burkini)
- Morning (8:00 AM): The Great Departure from Reality. Touchdown in Kuala Lumpur (KLIA). The airport itself felt like a massive, air-conditioned hug. But the real panic set in. Did I pack enough stuff? Am I forgetting something crucial, like, I don't know, a portaloo? I'm pretty sure I overpacked, but I'm terrified of being underprepared. One does not survive a Muslim-only vacation without a solid arsenal of prayer mats, hijabs, and… well, more prayer mats. And snacks. Lots and lots of snacks.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM): Grab a Grab car to Port Dickson. Traffic in KL? A battlefield. We're talking cars, motorbikes, a guy selling…something…on the side of the highway. The driver starts telling me about his wife and how she, too, likes to travel. We talk about the best places to eat in Malaysia (I am taking notes). It was a pretty nice ride.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Check into the resort and immediately start circling the dining hall. What kind of food offerings? I need to keep my energy levels up for the day.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): The Burkini Hunt Begins! (aka: The Quest for a Modest Swimsuit That Doesn't Make Me Look Like a Seal) This is the real test. The quest for a burkini that actually looks…okay? You know, not too…tent-like? Not too…clingy? The struggle is REAL, people. I’m picturing myself flailing in the water, a giant, slightly soggy, black…thing. I am trying to be mindful, but I'm secretly hoping the water is cold enough to hide my flailing.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Finally, the moment of truth. The beach. The ocean. The…burkini. I steel myself, take a deep breath, and waddle (because, let's be honest, waddling is the only option) into the water.
- Anecdote Interlude: I had a small panic attack when I realized I couldn't see my feet. The water felt…different. I'm not used to such thick layers. I was sure I would sink to the bottom and be forever known as "The Burkini Blob."
- Evening (6:00 PM): Sunset stroll. Now, with the swimming out of the way, what to do? Okay, time for some sightseeing. I take a walk and find the little shops around the area and pick up some cool souvenirs.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. Time to try out some cool Malaysian cuisines.
- Evening (8:30 PM): Evening prayers, and then it’s early to bed. This day has been extremely exhausting.
Day 2: Watersports, Culture Shock (and a Misunderstanding, Maybe?)
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast buffet. The resort's buffet is AMAZING. I swear, I’m going to gain five pounds just from the smell. The fried banana fritters are calling my name… Resist the temptation. I need to be able to squeeze into my burkini tomorrow.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM): Watersports! I'm talking jet skis, banana boats, the whole shebang. The thought of falling off a jet ski while wearing a burkini is sending shivers down my spine, and I could definitely do without a public spectacle.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): I am getting quite hungry. Time to make a big lunch.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Culture Clash Time. Okay, okay, it wasn't that dramatic. But there were definitely moments. I'm trying to be respectful, but sometimes, I just…don't get it. Do I bow? Do I shake hands? Do I just stand there looking like a confused tourist in a hijab? I had a small, but hilarious, misunderstanding trying to order a drink. I swear, I pointed at the picture of the iced coffee AND said the name… but got something entirely different.
- Anecdote Interlude: Okay, so there was this one time when I accidentally made eye contact with a very stern-looking elderly woman. I swear, she stared right through me. Immediately I began to panic. I bowed my head in what I'm assuming was a respectful manner.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Relaxing at the beach. Okay time to take it easy and relax.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. The food just doesn't stop. It's a delicious, and delicious cycle!
- Evening (8:30 PM): The night's rest continues, and I am falling asleep quickly.
Day 3: Relaxation, Reflection, and the Great Departure (aka: Did I Survive?)
- Morning (8:00 AM): One last breakfast. I am not going to hold back.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM): Shopping time! Gotta get those souvenirs. I did buy some trinkets and knick-knacks. I'm hoping to bring back something unique that shows off the culture.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Getting a final lunch meal
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Free time. I spend this time as a time of reflection. I think about all of the lessons of the trip.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): It's time to leave. I am so sad but can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment at having made it through the trip in one piece.
- Evening (7:00 PM): I arrive back at the airport. I am already planning my next trip!
Final Thoughts:
So, did I survive? Yes. Mostly. Would I do it again? Absolutely! It was a whirlwind of awkward moments, delicious food, and unexpected lessons in…well, everything. And that, my friends, is what makes travel truly memorable. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go unpack and find the emergency stash of chocolate I hid for just such an occasion. Until next time, Tanjung Biru Blue Lagoon! You were…an experience.
Discover Luxury Redefined: Your Viennese Escape in Foshan, China
Tanjung Biru, Port Dickson: The Muslim-Only Paradise? Let's Dive In... Messily.
So, what *is* Tanjung Biru officially, anyway? It’s all so confusing!
Alright, buckle up. Officially, 'Tanjung Biru' (also known as Blue Lagoon) *is* a beach in Port Dickson, Malaysia. And that's where things get… interesting. It's a *public beach*, technically. But… the reality is a whole other kettle of fish. Let's put it this way: if you're not Muslim, you're likely to feel like a very unwelcome guest at a party you weren't invited to. I honestly felt a bit like an alien at times. I mean, the signs *don't* explicitly say, "Non-Muslims Get Out!" They just *imply* it. It’s more of a "vibe," a cultural understanding, a practical reality more than a stated rule.
Is it *really* Muslim-only? Is there a hidden gatekeeper with a scowl and a clipboard?
Okay, this is where the "vibe" comes in HARD. No clipboard. No bouncer. But the number of non-Muslims I saw? Practically zero. I went with a friend, a fellow travel blogger, who’s not Muslim and *boy* did we stick out. We were getting *stares*. Not necessarily hostile ones, but definitely curious, assessing ones. It felt like everyone was thinking, "What are *they* doing here?" We ended up retreating to the shade after about an hour. The sheer density of veiled women and families? It's understandable, really. I can only imagine wanting a space for religious observance or just to unwind in a way that’s comfortable for your own customs. I mean, if I were a Muslim woman, I might very prefer a place like this too.
But the beach itself... is it actually *nice*?
Ugh, that's the frustrating part! The *beach* itself? It's actually fairly decent. The sand's not the purest, chalk-white perfection found on, say, Langkawi. Okay, it wasn't especially clean! There are pockets of litter here and there. But the water was… fine. Pretty calm, the day we went. It's that whole cognitive dissonance thing, though. A decent beach, totally overshadowed. It's like having a fantastic dessert, but the waiter keeps giving you the side-eye.
Okay, you're saying it's Muslim-centric… Is there anything… *different* about it? Like, amenities?
Yes. And this is where it gets interesting. I’m not sure if it was intentional, but many had set up umbrellas and tents, for extra privacy, and to make sure of a more comfortable space for all of their family. More importantly, many families had prepared food/water instead of the typical cafes and restaurants. Which, on a hot, sunny day, is actually a big help!
What if you *really* want to go? Non-Muslim, but curious and respectful?
Look, I'm not going to tell you *not* to go. But I'll give you my honest-to-goodness assessment. Be prepped. Be respectful. If you decide to go, I'd say tread *very* lightly. Consider covering up. Don't blast music. Don't… well, just don't be the boisterous, attention-grabbing tourist. If you're there, and you're quiet, respectful, and understand that you are, in a sense, a guest, you *might* be fine. But be aware that you might find yourself very uncomfortable. Frankly, unless you have a really compelling reason, I'd recommend finding another beach. There are plenty in Port Dickson. Honestly? I kinda regretted going, because it felt like I was trespassing somehow.
Port Dickson in General: Is it worth a visit?
Ehh… Port Dickson. Okay, let's be real: Port Dickson’s not exactly the Maldives. It feels a bit… run-down in parts. It's a perfectly fine place for a weekend trip from Kuala Lumpur, but don't go expecting pristine beaches and world-class resorts. Tanjung Biru aside, there are other beaches that are more diverse if you're okay with it.
Final Thoughts? Would you go back?
Honestly? No. Not to Tanjung Biru. I felt like a fly on the wall, only the wall was made of cultural norms I didn't understand and couldn't fully respect. I'd rather find a beach where I can be myself, without feeling like I'm intruding on someone else's peace. And honestly, Port Dickson itself? Probably only if I *had* to. There are just so many other places to see, with beaches that are cleaner, easier to relax on, and just… more welcoming. I'm not saying it's *bad*, just… not my cup of tea.

