Shanghai Luxury Escape: Crowne Plaza Anting's Unforgettable Stay

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Shanghai Luxury Escape: Crowne Plaza Anting's Unforgettable Stay

My Shanghai Luxury Escape: Crowne Plaza Anting - Honestly, It Was Pretty Good (and a Few Minor Gripes)

Okay, so I just got back from a "Shanghai Luxury Escape" at the Crowne Plaza Anting, and, honestly? I'm still trying to unpack it all. It wasn't perfect - no experience ever truly is, right? - but it was genuinely a good experience. Let's dive into the messiness of it all, shall we? Forget the corporate brochure drivel; this is the REAL scoop.

Accessibility: Mostly Smooth Sailing

Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. I'm not using a wheelchair, but I did notice that the Crowne Plaza seemed pretty darn good with it. Elevators were plentiful (thank god!), and I spotted facilities for disabled guests. I mean, they say they're there, but seeing them is a huge plus for anyone who genuinely needs it. This earns them a solid "thumbs up" from me in this area.

The Room: My Shanghai Oasis (and Why I'm So Glad for the Blackout Curtains)

First off, the room. It was seriously comfortable. I'm talking air conditioning that actually worked (a MUST in Shanghai!), a ridiculously comfortable bed (extra long, praise be!), and the life-saving blackout curtains. Seriously, those things are GOLD. After a long day of exploring, having a room that's genuinely dark so you can actually sleep is a godsend. They also had a coffee/tea maker, which I appreciated, as I'm not a huge fan of room service just yet. The free Wi-Fi was speedy, which made doing a little bit of business that easier as well. (I actually saw internet [LAN] was an option too, but I wasn't brave enough to try it.) Even a mini-bar, and free bottled water! I love free bottled water.

My biggest "but" here? I wished the bathrooms had a little bit more… personality. They were clean, well-lit, and had a bathtub and separate shower, but they were a little… bland. Function over form, I guess. But hey, I'm not complaining too much, I can always relax in the super comfy bathrobes!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with a Few Speed Bumps)

Okay, the food. This is where it gets interesting. The Asian breakfast buffet was epic. Seriously. Mountains of dumplings, noodles, and dim sum – I was in heaven. The Western breakfast was fine too, the usual suspects (eggs, bacon, etc.), but let's be honest, the Asian stuff was where it was at. The buffet in restaurant offered a great variety. I can't pretend I was too picky. I was just soaking up the international cuisine. There was a coffee shop right there too, which was key. The restaurants themselves were plentiful and there was even a Vegetarian restaurant, a surprise to me.

I did try the room service [24-hour], and that's where I hit a snag. It took a while to arrive (understandable, I guess, but a bit annoying when you're starving). And the food? It was decent, but not exactly mind-blowing. They also had a Poolside bar, but it looked a bit empty.

Quirky Observation: The little bottles of water they leave in rooms are just the best!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Bliss and Gym Guilt

Now, the fun part. The spa. Oh. My. Goodness. I booked myself a massage, and it was pure, unadulterated bliss. Seriously, one of the best massages I've ever had. My back was thanking me for days. They also had a sauna, steamroom, and a foot bath. I was in serious heaven.

I also checked out the fitness center/gym, and… well, let's just say I intended to work out. I even brought my gym gear! But the allure of the swimming pool [outdoor] and that amazing spa was just too strong. Sorry, gym. Maybe next time. The Pool with view was pretty too.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound (and a Little Overwhelmed by the Sanitizer)

One thing that really stood out was the cleanliness. This place has embraced the post-pandemic era. They had hand sanitizer everywhere (a little overkill, maybe?), and the staff was clearly well-trained in safety protocol. I spotted daily disinfection in common areas, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and they used anti-viral cleaning products. Okay, got it. The rooms sanitized between stays, which is always a plus. There was also a doctor/nurse on call!

Quirky Observation: I lost count of how many bottles of hand sanitizers I saw. Maybe a few more places to throw a towel on the shower would have helped!

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Need for Napkins

They offered a ton of services. Concierge service, daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning. Basically, everything you could want for. The elevator was nice, the luggage storage was a definite plus, as my flight was delayed. What I found more useful was the convenience store,.

I wish they had more basic toiletries, like a tissue box or even a larger box of paper towels. The gift/souvenir shop was lovely, but I would have loved a pharmacy as well.

The Bottom Line: Should You Go? Absolutely!

The Crowne Plaza Anting offers a genuinely enjoyable experience. It's not perfect, but it's a comfortable, clean, well-equipped hotel with fantastic spa facilities, good dining options, and a staff that seems genuinely committed to making your stay a pleasant one.

My one biggest takeaway? If you want to pamper yourself, escape the hectic pace of Shanghai, and relax in a setting that's both luxurious and secure, then this is the place to be.


The (Unsolicited) Crowne Plaza Anting Offer:

Escape the Ordinary: Your Shanghai Luxury Getaway Awaits!

Tired of the same old routine? Craving a taste of luxury and rejuvenation? Then book your stay at the Crowne Plaza Anting in Shanghai today and experience a getaway you won't soon forget.

Here's what you get:

  • A Room to Remember: Unwind in a spacious, beautifully appointed room with all the comforts you need, including those life-saving blackout curtains.
  • Spa Day Bliss: Pamper yourself with a blissful massage, sauna, steamroom, and more. A true escape from the everyday!
  • Culinary Adventures: From the epic Asian breakfast buffet to delicious international cuisine, your taste buds will be on a journey.
  • Safety and Peace of Mind: Feel secure with our rigorous cleaning protocols, trained staff, and all the amenities you could possibly need.
  • Priceless Extras: Free Wi-Fi, convenient services, and a welcoming atmosphere that'll have you feeling right at home.

Book now and receive:

  • Special Discount: Get a 15% discount on your stay!
  • Free Spa Upgrade: Score a complimentary upgrade to a longer and even more relaxing spa treatment.
  • Flexible Cancellation: Plan with confidence knowing you can modify your reservation if needed (Check our cancellation policy.)

Click here to book your Shanghai Luxury Escape now! (Insert your booking link here)

Don't miss out on this opportunity to treat yourself to an unforgettable experience. Escape the ordinary and discover the magic of the Crowne Plaza Anting!

Neapolitan Pizza Perfection: STILE's Secret Naples Recipe Revealed!

Book Now

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to embark on a trip that’s less "perfectly curated Instagram feed" and more "slightly chaotic but utterly delightful train wreck." This is my itinerary for the Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting, hopefully, it’ll give you a taste of the real China, with all its glorious mess. Prepare for tangents, and possibly a breakdown or two. You've been warned.

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG: My Shanghai Anting Adventure - A Hot Mess Express Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival - Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Airport Bus

  • 1:00 PM (Ish): Landed in Shanghai Pudong (PVG). Jet lag? Already kicking in. My brain feels like someone is juggling jelly. First hurdle: figuring out that blasted visa line. Seriously, why are all the signs in Mandarin? Ugh. Finally made it through, sweating like a pig. First impressions? Shanghai airport is BIG. Like, "I could probably live in it" big.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Airport transportation. I initially thought about a taxi, but the app was too much. Bus it is! Finding the bus to Anting was a minor victory. The bus was packed, and I’m fairly certain I saw a woman knitting a sweater that could comfortably fit a small elephant.
  • 4:00 PM (ish): Check-in at the Crowne Plaza. My Mandarin consists of "Ni hao" and, well, that's about it. It seems the staff is understanding. The lobby is all shiny surfaces and hushed tones. My room? Clean, comfortable, and a blessed haven from the airport chaos. My first impression of the hotel is positive.
  • 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Unpacking, and collapsing. I am not a morning person, the jet lag is setting in. I’m pretty sure I accidentally wore my socks inside out. Contemplating the meaning of life (and whether that minibar is worth the price).
  • 6:00 PM- 8:00 PM: Initial hotel exploration and dinner at one of the hotel restaurants. The ambiance is nice, but I'm craving a bit more flavor. I ordered the "chef's special" and it was decent, but lacked a little bit of pizzazz. Overpriced but convenient.
  • 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM : Settling in. Early night because the jet lag is real. And I'm pretty sure my stomach is still back in the US.

Day 2: Anting Adventures - Let's Do This! (Maybe)

  • 7:00 AM (or thereabouts): Wake up. Actually, maybe it was 5 AM. The jet lag is definitely winning. Managed to sneak out of bed for the morning buffet. It's a dizzying array of options. The only problem? I have no idea what half of it is. I'm a sucker for a good omelette. Let me tell you, the omelettes? Surprisingly good.
  • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Anting Auto Museum. Yes, I am a car nerd. This place is amazing. The exhibits are beautifully curated. I spent way too long ogling vintage Rolls-Royces and feeling vaguely inadequate.
    • Sticking Around: I ended up doubling down on the museum and stayed there for much longer than planned. I loved the history, the details, and the sheer beauty of the cars. I got lost in the details.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM : Lunch at a local restaurant. Okay, this is where things got interesting. I picked a place at random. No English menu, just a lot of pointing, gesturing, and hoping for the best. I’m pretty sure I ordered something that resembled a spicy noodle and the most delicious dumplings ever.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Roaming the local market. This is an assault on the senses in the best way possible. The smells, the sights, the sounds! I tried some weird fruit, which was a gamble, and it was surprisingly tasty. Found some very silly souvenirs.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Afternoon nap. I cannot stress enough the importance of naps. Needed to recharge after all the excitement.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Time for a massage. My shoulders were screaming for mercy. The spa at the hotel was decent. The masseuse, bless her heart, had no English, but she gave a damn good massage. I felt like a new woman…or at least a slightly less creaky old one.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. More adventurous! This place felt more authentic, and the food was incredible, some of the best food I've had on the trip, and I had no clue what I was ordering, but I loved it.

Day 3: Shanghai City Day - So Much City, So Little Time

  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast and planning the day. The buffet is a familiar friend by now. Plotting my attack of Shanghai.
  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Finding a way to get into Shanghai, which was a bit more involved, I decided to take the subway, which was an adventure in itself (crowded, but efficient).
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Bund. Iconic. Stunning. Overcrowded. The buildings! The views! The selfie sticks! I’m not a fan of crowds, but the sheer scale of everything is breathtaking. The buildings at The Bund are a sight to behold!
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch near the Bund. Found a little dim sum place. Delicious. So many dumplings!
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Yu Garden. Beautiful gardens! But also, so many tourists. Tried to find a quiet spot to breathe, but it never existed. It felt like all of Shanghai was there.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Shopping on Nanjing Road. A chaotic whirlwind of shops and people. Too overwhelming for me. I might have developed a mild panic attack. I retreat, buying a cheap t-shirt.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Subway back to the hotel. Exhausted and ready for a relaxing evening.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner at a nearby restaurant, this time. I ended up eating leftovers in my room.

Day 4: Relaxation and Departure - Farewell, Shanghai (For Now)

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Relaxed breakfast, finally feel like I can enjoy the buffet.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Staying local, some final shopping, and a walk, I decided to visit the Anting's little temple, simple and beautiful.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Late lunch, one last meal at the hotel.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Check out of the hotel. Feeling a mixture of sad and relieved.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Airport transfer. This time, I'm attempting the taxi!
  • 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Airport rituals. The long wait. Wandering the shops. Grabbing way too many last-minute souvenirs.
  • 6:00 PM (ish): Flight home. A long journey, but filled with memories.

Final Thoughts:

Did everything go according to plan? Absolutely not. Did I get lost? Multiple times. Did I accidentally order something questionable? Probably. Did I love it? Absolutely. Shanghai is a city that grabs you and shakes you until you are completely disoriented but totally charmed. This wasn't a perfect trip, but it was my trip, and in the end, that's all that matters. Embrace the mess, the chaos, and the unexpected, it's the only way enjoy things

(P.S. I highly recommend the spicy noodles and dumplings… and maybe a good travel insurance policy.)

Wil Tower Studio: Manila's Chicest Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai ChinaOkay, here’s a shot at the FAQ, embracing the "messy, honest, funny, and absolutely human" brief. Buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your average pristine brochure copy.

So, Crowne Plaza Anting, Shanghai. Luxury Escape? What's the *real* deal? Don't give me the PR spiel.

Alright, alright. Let's cut the crap. Luxury? Yeah, kinda. Think…polished. Think… they try REALLY HARD. It's not “jump out and shout ‘Ooh, MY GOODNESS!’” luxury. It’s more, "Ah, yes, I will happily pour myself an Earl Grey from this ridiculously fancy kettle." Think… pretty damn comfortable, with a definite aim toward ‘impressing clients’. If you're a hardcore luxury snob, maybe you'll be bored. If you're like me, a slightly jaded human who wants a nice break, you’ll be perfectly fine. (Side note: I *hate* hotel kettles. This was a good one.)

The room. The ROOM! Was it… clean? (And important: Did it smell like stale cigarettes?)

Okay, deep breath. The room. Yes, it was CLEAN. Which is ALWAYS a win in my book. I've seen some things, people. I've stayed in places where you could probably cultivate a new species of mold. This? Spotless. And NO stale cigarette smell! Hallelujah! That's a HUGE win. (My nose is a finely tuned instrument of disgust, so trust me on this.) The bed? Heaven. Seriously. I may have spent a solid hour just… rolling around in it. Don't judge me. Jet lag is a powerful drug.

The location in Anting... is it… boring? Like, soul-crushingly boring? Because I’m not really there to stare at a hotel room for three days.

Okay, let's be real. Anting is… *not* Shanghai's beating heart, okay? It's a bit… industrial. That being said, "soul-crushingly boring"? Nah. It depends on what you want. If you're expecting neon lights and dumpling stands on every corner, you're in the wrong place. If you want peace and quiet and easy access to some cool stuff if you *do* want to venture out (and the hotel offers easy access to transportation and a tour guide, I should add), you will be fine. Think of it this way: you are very well poised to explore the area if you are not totally exhausted from work.

Tell me about the spa. Because I’m picturing either heavenly bliss or a sweaty masseuse with questionable knuckles.

Okay, okay, the spa. The masseuse… Well, lemme just say, I had the best massage of my LIFE. Like, I’m talking, I almost cried from pure relaxation. I fell asleep and snored. Which is embarrassing, but also, a HUGE compliment to the masseuse. The room was dimly lit, the music was… well, it was spa music, but not aggressively so. And the pressure! Perfect. Deep tissue, exactly what my aching travel-weary self needed. And after, a blissful cup of ginger tea. Honestly? Worth the price of admission alone. Worth going into debt for (kidding… mostly!).

The food. Don't lie. Was it all bland hotel buffet garbage?

Okay, food. Yes, there’s a buffet. Breathe. It’s not *all* garbage. There was a solid noodle station! Solid, I tell you! And some surprisingly good dim sum. The breakfast buffet had lots of options, even for a picky eater. (Me.) The *real* gem? The a la carte restaurant. I had some amazing… oh god, what was it? Some sort of braised beef with the most amazing gravy. I went back for seconds. And thirds. Look, I was on vacation, okay? Calories don't count then. Food was a highlight, to be frank. Some dishes hit that 'luxury' balance between deliciousness and artful presentation nicely.

What about the service? Hotels live or die by service...

The service... It's mostly excellent, very professional, and the staff are eager to please. They are also impressively multilingual. Honestly, the service was one of the best aspects. The check-in and check-out were seamless, requests were swiftly met, and everyone greeted you with a smile. But, and there is always a 'but', sometimes the enthusiasm felt a *little* over the top. Like, "Sir, your shoe is untied! Allow me to tie it for you!" (Just kidding, nobody tied my shoes.)

Anything annoy you? What was the one thing you'd change?

Okay, this is where I get real. The ONE thing I’d *totally* change? The lighting in the hallways. It’s too bright. Like, hospital bright. And maybe the elevator music could’ve been a bit… less generic. It could have been a little more atmospheric. The hotel itself feels a bit like it's trying to impress. But hey, that's a small thing, isn't it?

Would you actually *recommend* staying here? Be honest!

Yes. Hell yes, I’d recommend it. Especially if you want a break from the madness of a big city. The location gave me the space to recharge, eat well, and get a killer massage. The service won me over, eventually. Sure, it’s not faultless. But overall? Totally worth it. I left feeling refreshed, and with a serious craving for braised beef. So yeah, go. Just… pack a sleep mask for those hallways.

Okay, last question. Anything *really* bizarre happen? Because I love a good hotel story.

Hmm… bizarre? Well, one afternoon, I was enjoying a relaxing by the pool, and I swear, I saw a flock of inflatable flamingos… no, wait, scratch that. That was a dream after the massage. But there was this *very* enthusiastic group of people doing morning exercises in the garden, from 7am. But, honestly, the most bizarre thing...was how much I actually enjoyed it. Go figure.
Find That Hotel

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China

Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting By IHG Shanghai China