IHG Auckland: Voco's Stunning City Centre Oasis Awaits!

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

IHG Auckland: Voco's Stunning City Centre Oasis Awaits!

IHG Auckland: Voco – My City Centre Oasis or Just a Fancy Room? Buckle Up, Buttercups!

Okay, so, here's the deal. I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Auckland, and yeah, I stayed at the Voco. "Voco," they call it. Sounds like someone decided "vogue" wasn't quite pretentious enough. Anyway, let's get into it. Forget the perfectly curated travel blog – this is real life.

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Good, the "Meh," and the Slightly Confusing

Right off the bat, the location is killer. Smack-dab in the city centre. Accessibility, they say, is a big deal. And yeah, the entrance is pretty smooth. Wheelchair accessible? Yep, looks like it. Elevator? Check. The staff seemed genuinely friendly and helpful, which is always a HUGE plus. They even had a concierge who actually seemed useful, not just a human directory.

Inside, the lobby is… well, it's voco. Stylish but not overly sterile. Now, the big question: how easy is it to actually get around? Well, the elevator is definitely key, and seemed readily available. I didn't go digging through every single corner for issues this time, but seemed pretty good.

The Internet… Bless its Digital Soul

This is an important one for us, right? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? YES! And it actually worked, which, let's be honest, is a miracle sometimes! I'm someone who can barely work without an internet connection. Internet access was plentiful, including Wi-Fi in public areas. So, no awkward scrambling to find a signal. There's also the option for Internet [LAN], for all you wired warriors.

Rooms: Did I Feel Like a Rock Star? (Spoiler: Not Quite)

My room wasn't too shabby. Honestly, pretty standard, but clean. They had all the basics: Air conditioning, a safe box, a mini bar (thank goodness!), a refrigerator, and a coffee/tea maker. There were bathrobes (always appreciated) and slippers, but I'm not sure I've ever used those in a hotel room! They weren’t the amazing fluffy ones you sometimes get, though!

The bed was comfy, thank goodness. I slept like a log! Which is the main thing, right? Good blackout curtains, which is golden for beating jetlag. And as for the decor? Well, it was… Voco. Think modern, minimalist, with a splash of colour. I didn't feel inspired, but I wasn't offended either.

Food, Glorious Food… and Perhaps, Some Questions

Okay, let's talk food. The restaurants are decent. They have a few. They have Breakfast [buffet], which is… buffet. Fine. Not life-changing. There's also Breakfast service, so you can order in if you're feeling lazy (or, like me, hungover!). The Asian breakfast was a nice touch.

The restaurants themselves were convenient. But… I'm not sure I’d rave about it. The bar area was decent, though. The poolside bar was a nice touch.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreamin'

Now, this part was tempting. The Fitness center looked pretty alright (though I didn't work out – hey, I was on vacation!). There's a Spa, a Sauna, and a Swimming pool [outdoor]. I actually did make time for the pool. It did have a bit of a view.

Cleanliness & Safety: Do They Actually Care?

Yes! I felt totally safe. Seeing that they had Anti-viral cleaning products made me feel like the hotel takes cleanliness seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere, which is excellent. You could tell Staff trained in safety protocol.

Services & Conveniences: The Nitty-Gritty

They have a lot! They have Air conditioning in public area, a Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out (thank goodness!), Daily housekeeping (thank goodness!), and Elevator. Laundry service and Dry cleaning, if you need it. They have Meeting/banquet facilities because everyone loves a meeting!

Bottom Line: Should You Book?

Ok, so, Voco Auckland. It's not perfect. But it's perfectly fine. The location is fantastic. The rooms are comfortable. The amenities are plentiful. The staff are friendly. It’s a solid choice for a city stay.

The Quirks I Didn't Mention

  • The Coffee Shop: I got a coffee. It was… coffee. Nothing to write home about.
  • The View: My room didn’t have a killer view, but some rooms definitely do. Snag one if you can!
  • The Crowd: It seemed to attract a mix of business travellers and tourists. Not rowdy.

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?

My Exclusive Offer to YOU:

Book your stay at IHG Auckland: Voco within the next 72 hours and get a FREE upgrade to a room with a city view (subject to availability)! Plus, enjoy a complimentary breakfast for two AND a late checkout so you can relax and savour every last second!

Why Choose Voco?

  • Prime Location: Explore Auckland's vibrant city life right at your doorstep.
  • Stylish Comfort: Relax in modern, well-appointed rooms.
  • Delicious Dining: Enjoy a variety of culinary options, from casual bites to gourmet meals.
  • Relaxation & Wellness: Unwind by the pool, in the spa, or hit the fitness center.
  • Exceptional Service: Experience friendly and attentive service from the moment you arrive.

Don't delay! This offer is only valid for bookings made in the next 72 hours! Click the link below to secure your Auckland escape!

(Link to booking page)

P.S. Seriously, book it. The city view is WORTH IT. And the free breakfast? Well, you can wake up and smell the coffee. Or, you know, the Asian breakfast. Whatever floats your boat! And if you use my link I might get a little kickback, which I'll probably use to buy more coffee… and maybe some fluffy slippers. You know, for research.

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Vienna Hotel Guangxi - Your Fusui & Chongzuo Escape!

Book Now

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this is going to be less “polished travelogue” and more "a sweaty, slightly-hungover, but ultimately enthusiastic account of my Auckland adventure." We're talking REAL life here, folks. Think Bridget Jones meets Lord of the Rings (minus, you know, the actual Rings).

Auckland Ambush: My Voco Vortex (Mess with Me!)

Day 1: Arrival and Auckland's Accidental Embrace (or, "Where's the darn wifi?")

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Ugh. The flight. Let's just say I’m not sure if the crying baby or the dude clipping his toenails was worse. Landing in Auckland, THANK GOODNESS. The airport… well, it's an airport. Passport control was surprisingly kind. The queue at the luggage carousel? Not so much. My suitcase, naturally, was one of the last to arrive. A fitting start.
    • The Voco Reveal (11:00 AM): Finally made it to the Voco. "Stylish" is the word, right? More importantly, it had air conditioning. Bless. The welcome drink was a nice touch. A little too sweet, but hey, travel is all about adjusting your sugar intake. The room? Clean. Bed? Comfy. Wifi? Eventually, it worked. Small victories. But seriously, the wifi struggle is a universal travel truth, isn’t it? It can make you question your very existence.
    • Lunch (12:00 PM): Found a little place near the hotel. Fish and chips. Classic, right? I was starving, so I practically inhaled it. The seagulls were eyeing me like I was a walking, talking buffet. They're hardcore in Auckland, the seagulls.
    • Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Auckland's city center walkabout. First impressions? Hills. Everywhere. My calves are already screaming. The Viaduct Harbour looked pretty, but I just walked a mile in the wrong direction on my way to the harbor, ended up looking like a lost tourist, but finally found it. The sun's beating down, then a brief, torrential downpour which I was absolutely unprepared for - soaking wet and regretting not packing more appropriate clothing. The iconic Sky Tower? Definitely impressive. Tempted to go up, but the price tag made me reconsider. Maybe tomorrow.
    • Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Wandered through the shops on Queen Street. Tourist traps galore, but hey, sometimes you gotta buy a souvenir. Ended up buying a ridiculously oversized hat… which I’ll probably never actually wear. But in the moment?… Absolutely essential.
    • Dinner (7:30 PM): Found a cute little Italian place. Gnocchi. Comfort food is my love language. Wine? Naturally. This jet lag is going to be a beast.

Day 2: Harbour Cruises and Culinary Catastrophes (oh dear!)

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Woken up by a persistent seagull chorus (they really are everywhere!). Breakfast at the hotel was decent - a good enough buffet, but my stomach is already questioning my life choices.
    • Harbour Cruise (10:30 AM - 1:30 PM): Okay, this was actually gorgeous. The harbour is beautiful - the sunlight on the water, the boats… I even managed to identify a few different kinds of seabirds (thanks, Google). It felt like proper holiday for like 2 hours, until the incessant chatter of the group of Australians on either side of me, ruined it. Trying to "enjoy the moment"… well nearly.
    • Lunch (1:30 PM): I decided on a fancy restaurant I saw on instagram the day before. I was so excited! The food was, well, pretentious and over-priced and my order was wrong twice! I left in a huff and a bad mood.
    • Afternoon (3:00 PM): A walk in the park. A park, any park. Tried to chill, breathe, remember that I'm on holiday. Success. Briefly.
    • Evening (6:00 PM): The evening I had planned was a disaster. I booked a highly-rated restaurant far away, the buses were cancelled, the taxi took an hour! I was getting late! The restaurant didn't know about my booking, it was impossible, I was exhausted and I had to eat a kebab.

Day 3: Sky High, Maybe a Bit Tipsy (and the Real Auckland)

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast at the Hotel again. Feeling a bit better this morning, but still a little bit jet-lagged.
  • Sky Tower (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Okay, okay, this was worth it. The view from the Sky Tower is truly incredible. You can see everything! Auckland sprawled out below – that’s when it really hits you – how beautiful the city is. I took a million photos, of course.
  • Afternoon (12:30 PM): Wandered around the shops again. Found a fantastic second-hand bookshop. Spent far too long browsing. Came out with three books I’ll probably never read.
  • Late Afternoon - Pre-Dinner Drinks (4:00 PM): Found a bar with outdoor seating. Because, you know, sun. A couple of glasses of wine (or three… or maybe four?) later, and I felt positively philosophical about life. Auckland seemed a little less daunting. The hills, a little less steep.
  • Dinner (7:00 PM): Finding a restaurant on the last night, I wasn't too keen on trying new places so I opted for the Italian place I'd loved. It was still brilliant. I enjoyed the wine. I got a pizza. All in all, the perfect final evening.

Day 4: Farewell, For Now (And the Airport Shuffle)

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Last breakfast at the hotel. Packed. Impatiently waited for the airport transfer.
  • Departure (12:00 AM): Goodbye, Auckland! You were… a mixed bag. The struggles, the triumphs, the wine, the hills. It all made it an adventure I won't forget.

Observations/Ramblings:

  • The People: The Kiwis are genuinely friendly. They have a relaxed, easy-going vibe. Though perhaps a little TOO relaxed sometimes.
  • The Weather: It changes. A lot. Be prepared for everything.
  • Food: Fish and chips are a must. But be adventurous! Auckland has a diverse food scene.
  • Over-Planning vs. Under-Planning: I went for the "wing it" approach, which led to some unexpected delights and a few minor disasters. The key is to find the balance!
  • The Voco: Clean, comfy, and well-located. Exactly what you need after a long flight.
  • Overall Feeling: Auckland is a city with heart. It's a city of contrasts. Beautiful, wild, and a bit messy. And, secretly, I think I loved every minute of it. Even the seagulls. (Maybe).

So, there you have it. Auckland, unfiltered. Now, back to reality… and the mountain of laundry I'm facing. Wish me luck.

Escape to Paradise: Portofino Mar Benidorm Awaits!

Book Now

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New ZealandOkay, buckle up, because we're about to dive headfirst into the gloriously chaotic world of FAQing about the Voco Auckland City Centre. Forget clean lines and corporate speak, we're going full human here.

So, Voco Auckland City Centre... Is it actually *good*? Like, *really* good?

Alright, honesty hour, right? It's... complicated. Look, I've stayed in some hotels that felt like they were designed by a committee of robots who'd only ever seen pictures of other hotels. This place? It's got *personality*. The decor is, let's say, "bold." Think less beige, more *BOOM*. Sometimes it works, sometimes... well, let's just say the wallpaper choices are...decisive. Remember, good is subjective, but I'd say it leans closer to "damn good" than "meh". Definitely worth checking out, especially if you appreciate a hotel that doesn't take itself *too* seriously. (Which, frankly, is a massive plus.)

Location, Location, Location... Is it actually a good location? I need to be *in the thick of it*.

Oh, YES. Absolutely. Right in the heart of Auckland, you practically roll out the door and BOOM, you're swamped in the Auckland buzz. You’ve got Queen Street at your doorstep, which is both a blessing and a curse, depending on your patience for crowds. Food? Abundant. Bars? Yep. Shopping? Prepare your wallet (or hide it well, depending on your willpower). I once stumbled back to the hotel at, shall we say, a *slightly* later hour than anticipated, and the sheer convenience of it all was a godsend. No long taxi rides, no frantic map-reading. Just stumble...and collapse. 10/10 for location, especially if you're a terrible planner like yours truly.

What about the rooms? Are they actually comfortable, or just *stylish* comfortable? (Big difference, right?)

Okay, this is where things get *interesting*. The rooms, like the hotel itself, are a bit of a mixed bag. I stayed in one that practically screamed "Instagrammable!" - which means the lighting was *perfect* for selfies. The bed? Heavenly. Seriously, I almost considered moving in permanently. The bathroom, though? A tad… cramped. Like, if you're a taller person, good luck maneuvering without contortion. And the air conditioning! One night it was a blissful arctic blast, the next, a sweaty sauna. There's no in-between, apparently. But the bed... Oh, the bed. That alone almost made up for everything. Almost.

Tell me about the food! Is the on-site restaurant any good? I’m a foodie, and you better not disappoint me!

Alright, alright, don't panic! The restaurant, "Mozzarella & Co", is… good. It's not a Michelin-starred experience, mind you, but it's solid. The pizza is genuinely delicious (I'm a pizza snob, so trust me on this), and they've got a decent pasta selection. The breakfast buffet, though, is where I have...thoughts. It's a bit chaotic. Think people bumping into each other, kids using the pastries as a personal buffet, and a general sense of organized pandemonium. The coffee, however, is surprisingly decent. And isn't that really all that matters? (Okay, the pizza matters too.) I'd say, eat there, but be prepared for a bit of a lively atmosphere. Embrace the chaos!

What's the vibe like? Is it a good place for couples, solo travelers, families…? Give me the scoop!

The Vibe… Hmm. Okay, it’s versatile. It’s definitely got a "fun" vibe, which is fun, but can be a bit much. Families are a thing, but it feels less like "family holiday" and more like “cool aunt and uncle getaway” - you know? Couples? Sure thing. Solo travelers? Absolutely. The bar downstairs is a good place for a chill drink and some people-watching. It's the kind of place where you can choose your own adventure. Just be prepared for a bit of noise, especially on weekends. After all, Auckland is a city, and this is smack-bang in the middle of it.

Any major downsides I should know about? Hit me with the bad stuff!

Okay, let's be real for a second. The bathrooms are small. Small. And while the overall design is "stylish," it occasionally feels a little bit… *too* much. Like, the bright colors and quirky artwork might not be everyone's cup of tea (especially if you're hungover and just need a quiet place to wallow). The noise can be a factor, especially if you have a room facing the street. And, and… My biggest gripe? The elevator wait times. Seriously, sometimes you're waiting longer than you'd spend in a line at Disneyland. That's a serious design flaw, people, and the only real (and the single, worst, most annoying) ding on an otherwise very enjoyable experience.

Would you stay there again? Honestly.

God, yes. Absolutely. Despite the cramped bathrooms, the occasional noise, and the elevator frustrations, I would definitely stay there again. The location is unbeatable, the bed was pure bliss, and the general energy of the place is just… fun. It's not a perfect hotel, but it's got character. It's the kind of place you remember. And hey, at least it doesn't take itself too seriously, right? And that, my friends, is a HUGE win in my book. So, yeah, book it. Just pack some earplugs and a sense of adventure. You'll be fine. Probably.

What about Parking? Is it easy to park or should I just use public transport?

Parking is... a whole thing. Let's just say, it's not exactly a walk in the park. The hotel has parking, but it's limited and comes at a price (a steep one, if I remember correctly). Given the hotel is right in the middle of everything, public transport is your friend. Auckland's public transport is pretty decent; the buses and trains are plentiful, and it's a great way to avoid the headache of finding a parking spot, especially if you're coming from afar! Or you can always use a rideshare service. Honestly, the most relaxing way to get around!

Is there a gym or fitness center? Because, you know, all those pizzas...

Yes, there is indeed a gym! It's not the biggest or most glamorous gym I've ever seen,Stay By City

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand

Voco Auckland City Centre By IHG Auckland New Zealand